Lately, I feel discouraged as I feel like I've been missing out relationally, not being able to be involved in any sort of weekly group, in ministry that I used to have. My friend back home occasionally sends me video clips, snapchats and voice notes during cell group, so does my cousin, and I keep finding myself feeling a bit nostalgic and I!! want!! to!! be a part of that!!! Ha... But hey, even though my struggle is real, my struggle reveals that my God is my comforter. He is my portion.

The Lord specifically planted 1 Samuel 30 in my heart as I got more and more discouraged, as I felt that I wasn't growing spiritually. Praise God, for His Word is alive and active- sharper than a two-edged sword, having the final say over every feeling and my emotions. 1 Samuel 30 tells the story of King David defeating the Amalekites. However, verse 10 recounts that two hundred men who were too exhausted to cross Brook Besor (literal meaning: 'good news') stayed behind. Still, at the end of the story these men received equal portion of treasures recovered from the Amalekites as those who actively fought the battle with King David.

This passage shows me that just because I'm resting and not actively fighting battles it does not make me any less significant. The victory is still mine, for He is the One fighting on behalf of me. He has won the prize for me (!!!) I'm not losing anything, or anyone. I am gaining more of Him. With God, a waiting season is never a wasted season. 
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ. - 2 Corinthians 1:3-5

Post a Comment

All content is owned by Elizabeth Angelia. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram