It is winter here in Belgium, the weather has been gloomy for the past weeks and I think it affects me greatly. Amidst my frantic studying for the exams (started last Monday, ending in the last week of January) I've been doing a lot of thinking.

If I were to freely choose which habit I want to get rid of first, that might be overthinking. Lately I've been so caught up with thoughts that lead to many, many sleepless and restless nights. I might get ready for bed at ten p.m and would still lay awake at 4 a.m, and even now I still have no idea how at nighttime everything passes by so fast.

I have been missing my friends and family overseas - despite the many conversations shared over Skype, Whatsapp messages and phone calls. There's just something comforting when hearing their voices and seeing them. But this is when it hits me the most, the sadness. When they're already getting ready to sleep and my day is just about to start. When there's this clear and huge time difference that's inevitable. When they hang up on the phone and when they bid me goodbye. That, for me, has always been the one moment that upsets me. And I often feel distant too.

I don't know where I was going with this point but I'm just putting it out there. At the moment I'm looking around, feeling things out. I'm not any less excited than I was back in October, but for at least another month, I'm ok with continuing to feel this way.

8 comments

  1. I completely understand you in this post - I'm away from family at university and it can get very lonely sometimes. I hope things start getting better for you soon!Xx

    www.LUCY-COLE.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I know right?! I'm definitely feeling better soon, it was just one of those days :) x

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you're feeling this way - it must be so hard to miss your loved ones xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the exact position as you it's crazy! I've recently moved with my family away from the place I lived most of my life, and I miss it and my friends and all! I've been overthinking too, I can't seem to shut off my brain when I go to bed

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck in your exams! :) xx

    www.adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Elizabeth, I can imagine being away from your loved ones can feel lonely but I hope you can take some positive out of this and enjoy your own company, grow in independents and meet new people :)

    Hanh / hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, and I know right?! I'm definitely feeling better soon, it was just one of those days :) x

    ReplyDelete

All content is owned by Elizabeth Angelia. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram