I've always been about women empowerment and showing people their true worth and value in Christ, and I've been wanting to write this for the longest time... but never found the right words, the right time. But here it is finally. Just a few moments ago while scrolling through Tumblr I came across a text post of a girl whose blog I follow, talking about how disappointed she is by the way she looks and how she desperately wishes she was born with a different body. As I happen to know this girl in real life, it crushed me to hear about the way she sees herself because she looks absolutely gorgeous and is lovely inside and out. I, too, was once a victim stuck in the world of "look is everything", almost never satisfied with what I saw in the mirror. Moving to a whole new and different place, being 'thrown' into the middle of a whole new community, with different standards and its own pace of living, I fought a long hard battle with insecurities and the feeling of not enough- "not skinny enough", "not outgoing enough", "not tall enough"... The year of 2011 was the turning point where God taught me self confidence. Through prayer, worship and the Word, He slowly reshaped the way I saw myself, which in turn affects the way I see others and the way I live now. I am now more secure in my identity in Christ, freed from others' approval or expectations. I want girls, who struggle with self-image like I did, to be able to live with this much freedom in their true identity, being sure of who they are and LOVE who they are. 


Always remind yourself that the King of Kings lives in you and loves you unconditionally. We are the daughters of The Most High King. Fearfully and wonderfully made. Set apart, anointed for a divine purpose. Deeply loved. We are more precious than rubies (Proverbs 3:15). We are favoured and dignified, we are God's masterpiece (Ephesians 2:10). Let's walk with our heads held high, long enough until you know the God who cares and created you with something more. Do not live less than who you are created to be. Do not let anyone define your worth. Let only Him define you. Every time we doubt about being enough or not, we are doubting the perfection of God who has made us perfect according to His own image. 

And you have been made complete in Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority. - Col 2:10 
Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God. - 2 Cor 3:5

My fellow sisters-in-Christ, beloved daughters of the Prince of Peace, let's live out our true worth in Christ and the purposes He has in store for us. Let's hold hands with our heads held high and encourage other sisters around us who are struggling to accept the value God has given them.

"You are altogether beautiful, my darling; there is no flaw in you." - Songs of Solomon 4:7

Post a Comment

All content is owned by Elizabeth Angelia. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram